Share | 

Shadow House

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
iIllusionist
Unknown

PostSubject: Re: Shadow House   12/05/09, 02:44 am

It was a completely random question. He didn't know any other way to ask. It was probably to soon but he had to know. He turned to her

"Um.. I...was wondering... are we....friends? I mean...I understand if we're just aquaintances...but I just wanna know..."

He looked down and silently waited for her answer. Whatever she chose he would deal with. However, he found himself secretly wanting her to say friend. He had never really had a true friend. Someone he could just talk to. Someone to just be with, laugh with. He was never really good at making any. He continued to look down as they made up to the top of the flight of stairs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Shadow House   12/05/09, 02:50 am

She paused at the top of the stairwell, turning to angle herself at him.

With his head hung, it was harder to read his facial expression, but there was no mistaking his mind. He seemed to be so alone. A chill coursed up her spine at the sight, tossing her inward embers like a fire poker. How had she missed this? It was so plainly obvious now that she felt blind for not seeing this kind of loneliness before. It didnt sit well with her.

She reached forward and pressed her head to his shoulder, applying a gentle pressure to bring his head up. Her lips crossed both sides of her face in a smile, and she spoke meeting his eyes, with great sincerity, "Of course we're friends."

The warmth that would make its way into his shoulder now was a comfort heat, the kind that flowed through her when she was happy and content. She hoped he would realize this.
Back to top Go down
iIllusionist
Unknown

PostSubject: Re: Shadow House   12/05/09, 03:08 am

His head jerked up in surprise. Had he heard that correctly? They were friends...truly friends. His heart almost leaped out of his chest. In reality, besides his brother, she was his first real friend. Ever. He didn't know how it would feel but it felt ....wonderful.

He chuckled a little unable to contain his joy. The warmth of her head on his shoulder felt so comforting. It was like she was communicating with nature, just like he did with plants. He couldn't help but gently embrace her in a hug.

"Thankyou...so much"

His smile grew wider as something stirred inside him. It took him 2 seconds to realize that the wind stored in him began to channel through his body. It gave off a cool relaxing breeze that connected with her comforting heat. A connection. It was most likely their gifts were almost talking, welcoming each other. They both after all controlled some aspect of nature.

He didn't get many hugs like this. He knew he would have to let go soon. So he savoured every moment of her embrace.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Shadow House   12/05/09, 03:16 am

(Ugh. That was supposed to be hand**)

The wind she felt from him succeeded to fan her flame, and though she didnt want to push him away rudely - the hug was truly comforting - she didn't want to burn him either.

She slid her body from his arms gently. She was a bit reluctant to deny him comfort, but the episodes from yesterday and even times before had left her cautious. A little wind usually wasn't a problem for her, but she usually didnt collapse on the floor in a heap of flames either.

She smiled again, trying to show him that she wasn't upset. "Don't worry about it." she replied, and with this, she turned to the corridor.
Back to top Go down
Hacker
Unknown

PostSubject: Re: Shadow House   12/05/09, 03:29 am

Name: Johnathan Reeves
Grade(School): 11
Family: None
Gift: Shapeshifting
Personality: A quiet thinker, he is always thinking about how to cheat on the next test. He is also shy and intimidated by people that are smarter than him.
Appearance: ?
Background: Born in 1992, Johnathan was always tried to cheat his way out of anything. He is a loner and, even though he seems to love himself excessively, he has yet to meet someone who cares enough about his feelings.
Notes: Likes to play with Play-Dough
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Janis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Shadow House   12/05/09, 08:02 pm

Alyss stopped in the middle of the hallway when she saw another person heading her way. They looked worn out and probably not in the mood for anyone to mess with them let alone Alyss's interrogating questioning. She didn't admit to being mean, but it didn't mean she claimed to be nice either. She stopped him anyways. ((tomtom just so we know who I'm talking about.))
She put on the sweetest and most innocent voice she could muster.

"Hey, excuse me? Do you have a minute? I needed to ask a favor or rather an opinion."

The first test was whether or not the person would be honest and admit that they just didn't feel like talking. Most didn't. She would be surprised if this one did.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://dreamingworld.forumotion.net

PostSubject: Re: Shadow House   12/05/09, 09:03 pm

Zach looked with the corner of his eye at the girl who asked him a question.

"What is it?" he responded in a moan as his head was painfully pulsating from his training.
Back to top Go down
Janis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Shadow House   12/05/09, 09:08 pm

Alyss smiled. It was easy with her eyes like a polygraph machine that he was annoyed and really didn't want to stop and answer anything. It was his funeral, he could have just been honest.

"Well, I just wanted a guy's opinion on something. But you seem annoyed, so if you really don't want to answer then that's fine..."

She was completely messing with his mind by throwing in a guilt trip by making her voice a bit disappointed and taken back.
Back to top Go down
Hacker
Unknown

PostSubject: Re: Shadow House   12/05/09, 11:18 pm

Johnathan calmly walked through the hallway, as if he was oblivious to the amount of people in it. He was new here, but he walked as if he owned the place. His face was emotionless and he seemed to move gracefully through the crowd.

As he entered his new room, he wondered how the other residents would treat him and if he can find someone to hang out with.

Last edited by Hacker on 13/05/09, 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Shadow House   13/05/09, 12:04 am

Zach's brow began to pinch.

"I don't have time for games either you spit it out or not, and don't get cute by trying to send me on guilt trips because that is not going to work." he remarked as he read her mind.
Back to top Go down
Janis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Shadow House   13/05/09, 12:09 am

Alyss looked taken back in honesty and she frowned and almost glared at the person. Deciding that he wasn't any fun to mess with she turned on her heel and walked away flipping him off.

"Don't be a jerk about it!"

She grumbled a bit to herself some more afterwards. It was no fun when she didn't get the reaction she wanted.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shadow House   13/05/09, 12:11 am

Zach turned and walked down the hall ignoring that last comment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shadow House   13/05/09, 12:20 am

Ivy placed her hand on the door to the Professor's office. She held a little bit of anticipation, the same kind of feeling a child would get when their father came home from work. This was how she had always see him. Like a father.

Pulling the door open, she wasn't surprised when he didnt have to glance up to know it was her.

"Ivory." He muttered, his eyes focused on a few stacks of papers on his desk. Then, he lifted his head with a warm smile. "I was expecting you."

She walked forward, returning the smile, the boy behind her forgotten for only a moment as she hugged him. She still felt like a young kid this way. He towered over her and mostly everyone in the Institute.
Back to top Go down
Hacker
Unknown

PostSubject: Re: Shadow House   13/05/09, 12:26 am

As Johnathan was walking through the hallway coming from a mediation session, he noticed a peculiar girl entering the Professor's office. He wondered about her for a bit but then erased the thought from his head, classifying the thought as impossible. He suddenly noticed into another student in the hallway, who seem to be following her.

Last edited by Hacker on 13/05/09, 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iIllusionist
Unknown

PostSubject: Re: Shadow House   13/05/09, 10:57 pm

Jason stood at the doorway silently watching Ivy and the Proffesor hug. He smiled warmly at them happy that there was someone here that he could always tak to. So far the only people here he knew he could trust were the Professor and Ivy. Out of curiousity Jason looked around and spotted a boy no taller than he was.

"Oh, a new student??"

Thinking he might have been lost Jason headed towards the boy to help him out.

"Hey dude I..."

Jason stopped dead in his tracks. That boy was so familiar... too familiar. That couldn't be possible. He didn't know anyone in this Institute and didn't know anyone except from that outside world. Only his brother...his brother and.....and... Jason's eyes widened a little. There was another boy....his friend....old childhood friend. He had totally forgot about him. This boy...could he be...

"Jonathan??"

Jason silently but impatiently waited for his answer. The fact that he was here...at a mutant institute...slowly began to sink in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hacker
Unknown

PostSubject: Re: Shadow House   13/05/09, 11:07 pm

Johnathan observed the boy who had called out his name. He seemed very familiar, as if they had met before.

Suddenly, the name popped up in his head.
Johnathan stepped up and greeted his long-lost friend, Jason.

"Jason? I didn't recognize you for a minute. How's it..."

Johnathan stopped in mid-sentence, looking Jason in the eyes.

"What are you doing here?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iIllusionist
Unknown

PostSubject: Re: Shadow House   13/05/09, 11:13 pm

"I was about to ask to the same thing...." Jason said thoughtfully. He was pretty sure he didn't have powers. Maybe he really was lost.

"You do know this is a Institute for...um....gifted people right? I think you came to the wrong place buddy."

He had to be in the wrong place he just had to. There was no way Johnathan had powers, or he would have noticed.

"So what are YOU doing here?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hacker
Unknown

PostSubject: Re: Shadow House   13/05/09, 11:24 pm

Johnathan began to feel different, as if he were about to change form. He tried his best to control it but it was no use.

His hands looked like they were melting. Johnathan quickly stuck his hands in his pockets, hoping Jason didn't notice the unexpected transformation.

"I know. I asked you first though."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iIllusionist
Unknown

PostSubject: Re: Shadow House   13/05/09, 11:28 pm

"Well, I live here"

Was Jason's simple answer. Why else would he be here?

"So I guess your here because your gifted too??" Jason put his hands in his pockets feeling the wind flow through his body trying to control it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hacker
Unknown

PostSubject: Re: Shadow House   14/05/09, 12:20 am

"Um, yeah I guess"

He wondered what was Jason's gift.

"Do you mind if I ask what is your gift?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iIllusionist
Unknown

PostSubject: Re: Shadow House   14/05/09, 12:22 am

"Controlling wind and nature"

Jason's eyebrow slid up to an arch. This was interesting too.

"And you?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hacker
Unknown

PostSubject: Re: Shadow House   14/05/09, 12:32 am

"Um, shapeshifting"

Johnathan was pretty interested but he was also tired from attempting to control his power.

"So, who was that girl you were following?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iIllusionist
Unknown

PostSubject: Re: Shadow House   14/05/09, 12:49 am

Jason blinked totally caught off guard with the question. He turned to the open door watching the Professor and Ivy talk. He smiled lightly and asnwered

"That, is my good friend Ivy. I met her here, and she seemed really nice. And she is. Her power is to control and create fire."

His eyes softened as he watched her. "I've only been here for two days and I already have one friend... is a miracle to me.. and now..."

Jason turned back to Johnathan and smiled lightly "Now I have 2."

Jason hoped that Johnathan would stay. Maybe they could catch up and he could meet Ivy.

"So where were you headed anyway? Did you see the professor yet?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hacker
Unknown

PostSubject: Re: Shadow House   14/05/09, 12:55 am

Johnathan realized he now had a friend and he smiled back, appreciating the fact he was even noticed. Johnathan no longer felt tired.

"I was headed to my room but I guess I could talk to the professor for a while."

Johnathan felt nervous but he suddenly became calm as he approached the office.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shadow House   

Back to top Go down

Shadow House
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7