Dream World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Talk. Talk. Talk. And stuff.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Shadow House

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

Shadow House - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadow House   Shadow House - Page 6 Icon_minitime08/05/09, 12:48 am

Zach was surprised by the sudden action. He looked her in the eyes for a moment then grinned.

You are something else Princess, I'll give you that.

He said then he turned to the exit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shadow House   Shadow House - Page 6 Icon_minitime08/05/09, 12:57 am

She watched him leave. Her fire had settled comfortably into the pit of her stomach, no longer scorching her from the inside out. It was such a change from her earlier anger. It was a relief as well.

Turning, she walked towards the opposite wall of the gym, exiting in the direction of the Professors office. She guessed he would have something for her to do for the day or some younger member to train. She welcomed the chore. It would give her something to think about besides the war.
Back to top Go down
iIllusionist
Unknown
iIllusionist

PostSubject: Re: Shadow House   Shadow House - Page 6 Icon_minitime08/05/09, 01:11 am

Jason walked down the hall thinking to himself. It was already morning and he didn't truly know what to do. He took all day yesterday walking around the house making sure he knew where everything was. Ivy's tour helped so at least he wasn't lost. He looked around at all the people...all the mutants laughing, talking, having fun. He really needed a friend.

However hard he tried he couldn't make any friends. Most of the students saw him as a newbie. And thats pretty much what he was. Most even ignored him. As the morning progressed he didn't quite care anymore. He headed down to the school garden. He had nothing better to do, so he went to study and fix up the plants that grew there. Maybe practice his nature powers while he was at it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shadow House   Shadow House - Page 6 Icon_minitime08/05/09, 01:18 am

As she was on her way to see the Professor, Ivory caught a glimpse of a familiar face in a nearby window. She looked down, realizing it was Jason.

Jason?

It only hit her now that she hadn't seen Jason ever since her little 'episode' the day before. She had never even went to see if he was okay. She felt a twinge of guilt at the realization. She owed him a lot of thanks. He had tried to help her.

She turned and continued walking down the corridor, making her way past a thousand doors until finally reaching the winding stair case. She skipped down, taking them two at a time and trotted lithely out two french doors that lead to the beautiful outside garden.
Back to top Go down
iIllusionist
Unknown
iIllusionist

PostSubject: Re: Shadow House   Shadow House - Page 6 Icon_minitime08/05/09, 01:43 am

Jason was aware of someone's presence when Ivy entered. The vines under the garden acted like a radar when the vibration of the ground was interupted by footsteps. However he didn't know it was her and thought of the person as just another person that would ignore focused on perfecting his power. Sometimes, it took concentration to use this power so he didn't accidentally kill any plants. He would certainly be blamed for it.

As he studied the flowers he memorized the intricate patterns in his head. If memorized well enough he would be able to create that specific plant himself. A regular perfect copy. However he tried and tried and could only remember how to make tree that he and his brother played on when they were kids.

"Oh..."

Jason eyed a small flower at the end of the patch. It was withering away and dying. Jason breathed life and therefore despised when flowers turned to buds. He walked over to the flower gently picking the flower up. He closed his eyes and closed his hand. Soon his hand began to glow an eerie green and yellow color. When he opened his eyes, the flower wasn't a bud anymore. It was as lively and colorful as the others. He sighed deeply. Bringing plants back to life was a difficult process. He looked to his left noticing a tree and smiled. Using one hand he made a branch of the tree extend downward to him. After a few seconds he had woven the flower into the tree and shortened the branch to its norma length. Now the flower would live longer than the others.

"Much better..."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shadow House   Shadow House - Page 6 Icon_minitime08/05/09, 01:50 am

She had paused at the entrace to the garden, watching with wide emerald eyes as the nature seemed to react to him, bending to his will. She tried to be quiet in an effort not to disturb him, but upon glancing into his mind, out of simple curiousity, she realized he already knew she was here.

Her head tilted in confusion and she stepped closer, through the green life around her and layed her hand on his shoulder. "Jason?" She said his name gently. She was trying not to startle him too much.
Back to top Go down
iIllusionist
Unknown
iIllusionist

PostSubject: Re: Shadow House   Shadow House - Page 6 Icon_minitime08/05/09, 02:01 am

Jason felt the vibrations move closer to him and he became confused. Was this person about to talk to him?? Was he not being ignored?? Then he heard his name. 'I guess that answers my question' he thought and turn to see who it was.

His eyes widened a little as a light smile grew on his face. "Ivy! Its so good to see you."

He blinked as his blissful expression turned into concern. "Are you alright?? I mean your fire and you and...umm..."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shadow House   Shadow House - Page 6 Icon_minitime08/05/09, 02:32 am

She smiled, the expression was partly out of happiness to see him okay, and partly in an effort to comfort his worry. "I'm fine. I dont burn easy." She laughed, dropping her hand from his shoulder. Her eyes flickered from his face to the tree he had just manipulated, curiosity in their depths.

"You have a lot of talent." she observed, looking back to his face. "How does it work?"
Back to top Go down
iIllusionist
Unknown
iIllusionist

PostSubject: Re: Shadow House   Shadow House - Page 6 Icon_minitime08/05/09, 02:57 am

He smiled a little more satisfied that she was okay. Somewhere inside him, a knot in his stomach had disappeared. He turned back to the tree.

"Its not much talent. I mean not to me at least. I'm able to control nature to a certain extent right now." He glanced at her. "I don't know how...but you right now probably see just regular beautiful plants and trees and such. All my life I've seen just pure live. Every single thing in this garden right now, to me, is breathing. Breathing just like a human breathes in oxygen. Also, I can't just bend nature at will, I have to ask first...almost like asking permission."

He glanced up at the flower on the tree. "When I get permission from nature, I'm able to use it to my advantage. Even bring plants and flowers back to life. But...." he looked over at her. "Everytime I bring something back to life, my life's energy is taken away... so therefore, I shorten my life everytime I do it..."
Back to top Go down
Janis
Admin
Janis

PostSubject: Re: Shadow House   Shadow House - Page 6 Icon_minitime08/05/09, 09:48 am

((Hey, I decided to join. I'm going to try out a new character and see how it goes. By the way, hell will freeze over before I read 14 pages...so someone go and enter this into the RP spark notes. Lexlex lol..you created the RP so its your responsibility. :3))
Shadow House - Page 6 Ca751ae6cc4766efc5d9b8605ef49f56

Name: Alyss Vinyards
Grade: Sophmore
Power: She has the ability to see through objects, tangible, and intangible and that are psychic or mental. To make it clear, she can see through solid objects and what their exact components are made of. For example, if there is a rock in front of her, she can see all the minerals that compose it. When it comes to tangible objects, it refers to people. She can see through lies and can discern the truth like a lie detector.
Background: She was expelled from all of her schools for supposedly "cheating" on tests, gambling, and numerous other small acts. So her aunt sent her to a school that would accept her and wouldn't expel her ((for her aunt's sake))

Notes: She loves playing poker (lol xD) and because of her unique ability to see through lies and "bluffs" it makes her almost an "athlete" at the game.

Other stuff: She is very sarcastic and often finds fun messing with people and their truths. She will ask questions that people don't feel safe answering and eventually black mail them when it comes to her advantage...but thats only if she really doesn't like them. The reason she does this is because when she was in middle school a couple of girls who worked with her on the journalism team spread a nasty rumor about her because she had told the truth in one of her articles. Another girl who had first gotten the front page had made something up but Alyss had seen through the truth and exposed her...which resulted in the rumor.. ((she refuses to tell anyone the rumor. Only she and the girls who made up the rumor and heard it know about it...but since she moved multiple schools and states, only she knows it.))

((she is a good guy..but you know...like a double edge blade... she is good..but with perks. xD lol))
Back to top Go down
http://dreamingworld.forumotion.net
Janis
Admin
Janis

PostSubject: Re: Shadow House   Shadow House - Page 6 Icon_minitime08/05/09, 05:32 pm

((Forget it, I'll jump right in.))

The hallway was jammed with jeering people yelling, "Fight fight fight!" A few of the older boys even joined in as well with hopeful thoughts of an out of control cat fight. Two girls, stood opposite of each other fists balled out and anger in their eyes. Any moment, one was going to lunge out at the other and begin a brawl. For the moment though they were shouting at each other.

"You b****!" one said. "I knew that you were a back stabber!"

The other responded just as fierce. "It's not my fault that you can't keep a boyfriend and you have no appeal!"

The shouting went back and forth and amidst the crowd one girl stood smiling with accomplishment shouting, nor saying anything. She didn't instigate fights, she didn't approve of fights, but she didn't like lies either. So when she caught Julia Anders necking with Ashely Myers boyfriend, it was only right for her to expose the truth. She didn't even have to use her ability for finding the truth out for that, she just had to make one of them panic and admit the truth with the other in ear shot. And it had worked out perfectly.

Earlier she had waited at the corner of a hallway for Julia...

"Hey, how was that party last night?" she had started the conversation out as friendly as possible. To get a longer more revealing conversation, it was an art, you had to mess with people's minds. And it didn't even require the use of a psychologist.

"It was okay, it was kind of boring actually and I only stayed for about a half hour."

Her eyes were cued into action as she viewed the girl and could see a heart race increase, a faster flow of the blood, and multiple other attributes that revealed deception. Alyss was a walking, living, polygraph machine.

"Oh really? I thought it was great! Poor Jessica though...she probably would be upset to hear that you had left early? Then again, constructive criticism is always the best. Do you want me to tell her?"

"No!" was the quick response and Alyss raised an eyebrow.

"No...you didn't leave early, or no you don't want me to tell her?"

Now she was panicking.

"No, I didn't leave early!"

Alyss was cracking her now. She placed a fake look of confusion on her face. That was the other side effect of her gift, it enabled her to be able to lie perfectly. It was like Newton's laws. Everything has an equal and opposite reaction. Since she was basically a polygraph machine, if she was placed up against one, she could easily fool it without even trying. Of course, she didn't approve of that. She wasn't a hypocrite. She didn't want to lie, she wanted people to be honest. After all, honesty was the most deadly thing in the world if used wisely.

"...but I thought you just said?"

Julia swallowed a bit and shifted her eyes around and fidgeted in her standing position.

"Well, I mean I was there, but I was with my boyfriend, I just didn't want people to know because we were sort of upstairs most of the time..."

Alyss nodded and parting her lips in an "oh" shape in understanding. "Oh...I see." she then smiled at her with the most innocent of bright blue eyes that matched with the ribbon tied into her dark brown hair. It gave her the appearance of an innocent child that could never be deceptive. And she wasn't. She was exposing the truth. "I see...who is your boyfriend?"

This was the moment Alyss was waiting for, she could even see Ashley walking up now from the end of the hallway. she was in hearing distance.

"Oh you know, Daniel Rogers...we've been dating just recently..."

"You b****! What did you just say?!"

Julia turned around with shock and horror across her face as she stared into the deadly eyes of Ashley. Already a crowd was forming and Alyss was forgotten. It was a shame that people had to fight though, if only they told the truth, this stuff wouldn't happen anyways...

As the fight started to progress Alyss removed herself from the crowd as she hummed a song out loud. She stifled a yawn bring a hand politely up to her mouth as she strolled down the opposite hallway. It was significantly more quiet with only the few occasional voices of students socializing. A few times as she heard voices and passed a group of people she could discern deception. It was everywhere, and it drove her crazy. Why did people have to lie? Wasn't it much easier to tell the truth? The thought was making Alyss annoyed and frustration showed on her face until she exited the school doors and fled outside. she thought about what she could do that weekend. It was saturday and she rarely had plans. She couldn't go to the movies. She hated them, they never held surprise for her because it was so easy for her to guess the plots. Still...everything was so dull.
Back to top Go down
Janis
Admin
Janis

PostSubject: Re: Shadow House   Shadow House - Page 6 Icon_minitime08/05/09, 06:41 pm

((LMAO!! im sorry..okay I attempted to read the pages..well I was just skimming and got to page two and I saw Lexlex's post of her character..and my eyes catch on this one line...

"I had an accident..."

xD I can't stop laughing..

because then I skim to the next post with the guy saying, "oh..."

lmao... XD this is the hardeset i have laughed in a while...lol.))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shadow House   Shadow House - Page 6 Icon_minitime10/05/09, 12:47 am

Her eyes fluttered at the last piece of information, which was also the most startling. She suddenly felt panicked, as if leaving him here was like leaving him dead on a road. She felt like pulling him away and out of the garden. Somewhere where the flowers couldnt kill him.

The embers in her stomach rocked nauseatingly.

"Jason, would you...come inside with me?" she asked, flashing a tense smile. She didn't feel quite so comfortable with the trees and green life. It suddenly resembled death. "I think I need to speak to the Professor." The words came out much more strained than she had intended them too, and ten times more shakey.
Back to top Go down
iIllusionist
Unknown
iIllusionist

PostSubject: Re: Shadow House   Shadow House - Page 6 Icon_minitime11/05/09, 02:03 am

Jason blinked and looked at her curiously. Why was she acting strange all of the sudden? Did he say something wrong??

"Oh, um...okay. But why do you need me to see the professor?"

He quietly and patiently waited for her response. He would ave went with her regardless, but he wasn't going to say that. Plus e was curious.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shadow House   Shadow House - Page 6 Icon_minitime11/05/09, 02:07 am

"Uhm..just to see if he has anything planned." She managed to choke these words out without too much trouble. They were true. She did need to see him sometime.

With a smile she backed out of the garden, heading towards the door and praying he would follow. "Coming?" she called back to him, pushing the curtain of brown hair away from her face.
Back to top Go down
iIllusionist
Unknown
iIllusionist

PostSubject: Re: Shadow House   Shadow House - Page 6 Icon_minitime11/05/09, 02:26 am

He smiled a little and looked at the plants again. He guessed he could take a break from his powers for a while. He may come back later he wasn't sure. Besides, it was time he made his first new friend.

"Sure...I don't see why not."

Putting his hands in his jean pocket he walked over to her smiling warmly. He bowed jokingly, the way a knight would bow to a queen.

"Lead the way ma'am."

He chuckled smiling up at her again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shadow House   Shadow House - Page 6 Icon_minitime11/05/09, 02:29 am

She laughed as well, a little bit of the tension draining as he followed her from the garden. She took one more glance at the plants, her stomach turning before she turned into the building and made her way to the stairs.

"You've talked the professor?" She said the statement like a question. It was customary for every new student to have a sit down with the Professor. The Institute was safer that way, and it made them feel more welcome. She was simply trying to spark his conversation.
Back to top Go down
iIllusionist
Unknown
iIllusionist

PostSubject: Re: Shadow House   Shadow House - Page 6 Icon_minitime11/05/09, 02:43 am

Jason thought for a second and answered back.

"No actually, I haven't. I mean I talked to him when I first moved here but that was just basic stuff."

He didn't think he was able to talk to the professor. He didn't want to bother him with his problems. It was all fine and well with him. He thought he didn't need to talk to him anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shadow House   Shadow House - Page 6 Icon_minitime12/05/09, 12:19 am

Zach made his way to the weight room to continue his training. The weight room was as big as a school gymnasium and it had specialized machines designed for mutants with giant metal dumbbells and super fast tread mills. Zach walked up to an area that had solid iron spheres in various sizes, the smallest being as big as a volleyball to the gigantic two story tall marble that tested only the strongest mutants like Greg. Zach held up his hand to make a large sphere, about as big has an suv, float 5 feet above the ground.

Too easy he thought

he set the marble down and focused his energy on a bigger marble that was about twice the size as the last one, that rose 5 feet too.

More, I must have more weight

He set that marble down and turned to a 10 foot tall sphere that must be around 2,000 pounds, he tries to lift it up with his mind and met great resistance as he had to use both his arms to keep it up.

MORE

He turned to the two story marble that towered over him as he stretched out his arms and concentrated. The marble shook slightly but it was stuck on the ground, Zach's face turned red as he forced more energy onto the marble until he can offer no more as his mind began to ache. Zach began to scream as he gave it all he got to lift the gigantic marble, the iron ball lifted only as high as 5 centimeters before Zach collapsed on his fours and his ears began to bleed. He began to breath heavily as he rolled on his back defeated.

Still too weak
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shadow House   Shadow House - Page 6 Icon_minitime12/05/09, 01:41 am

She smiled, pleased with the answer.

Suddenly, Ivory jerked her head to the side, lifting her hand and sending a blaze into a flying spike of ice. It melted in the air and sent a spray to a younger mutant behind her, who had obviously been taunting the source.

Looking across the hall, for the source, she saw a slightly older, light haired boy, with red cheeks and a nervous smile. She shook her head, sighing as she turned down a separate corridor to avoid the confrontation.

"There might be a little more for you to learn..." she murmured to him with a playful roll of her eyes.
Back to top Go down
iIllusionist
Unknown
iIllusionist

PostSubject: Re: Shadow House   Shadow House - Page 6 Icon_minitime12/05/09, 01:56 am

Jason raised an eyebrow and continued to follow her. It was pretty impressive what she did.

"Hey that was some good reflex back there. You seem to have pretty good control of you gift."

He smiled at this trying his hardest not to frown at his own lack of control over his wind powers. He really wished at that moment that he knew how to control it better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shadow House   Shadow House - Page 6 Icon_minitime12/05/09, 02:28 am

Her mind turned back to the events of the previous day and her own spontaneous combustion. Control. Right. Still, she turned her eyes to him and smiled, tugging him out of the way of some young child running down the hall.

"Im just..used to the mansion."

It made sense that most of the youth would be out and running around. Some of them seemed to be late for a practice run or a course. She smiled to herself, slightly amused. She had been that young and she remembered the consequences.

She turned around a corner, into a hall that was gratefully vacant. Maybe now they might not have to fight for their lives to see the professor.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shadow House   Shadow House - Page 6 Icon_minitime12/05/09, 02:33 am

Zach exited the weight room with a headache as he held his head with an icepack. He walked down the hallway on his way to see the professor to see if he can skip his lessons for the week to recover. He turned a corner than another, he had a long way till he reached his office.
Back to top Go down
iIllusionist
Unknown
iIllusionist

PostSubject: Re: Shadow House   Shadow House - Page 6 Icon_minitime12/05/09, 02:34 am

"I guess I'm not used to it then..." he sighed lightly in relief looking at the empty hallway.

Jason continued to walk with her following her to the professor. He enjoyed her company very much and didn't think he would find a better friend.... "friend" was she really his friend?

"Hey...Ivy?" His voice was low and almost nonchalant.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shadow House   Shadow House - Page 6 Icon_minitime12/05/09, 02:37 am

"Yes?" she asked, turning another corner, the last one. She pulled him up a flight of stairs, tugging his sleeve gently to guide him. She moved her hand away before he could feel her heat.

Her mind opened up almost automatically at the tone of his voice. It was just a little off. She thought she could hear some kind of worry or fear in it. Maybe those werent the right words...insecurity? Maybe.

Shifting her eyes to his face, she skipped quickly up the flight. One more corridor and they would be with the Professor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shadow House   Shadow House - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shadow House
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next